Re: PF members exhibit on 08/31/13

 Robert G. Earnest  A powerful and intriguing image.  We're accustomed
to seeing night stars, and sunsets or sunrises, but rarely both at the
same time.   The only improvement I can think of is getting rid of
that white light near the door of the van.  It's a bit of unnecessary
distraction.

Marilyn Dalrymple, Paint Splatter. Interesting abstraction.  Yes, I
can see a Native American, but I can also see it as a side view of a
skeletal skull, and of course the tire tracks that produced the
corpse.   I'd punch up the contrast, and clone out the date and time
stamp.

Bob McCulloch, 2.  The cleanness, openness and simplicty of this
composition is very appealing.  I presume those are some sort of
floats associated with fishing nets?

Mario Pires, Into the light.  This feminine figure doesn't seem to be
going into mere light, it's more rather like she's being obliterated
by a huge explosion.  Very violent.  It would be interesting to learn
how a woman would react to this image, compared to how a man would.

Dan Mitchell, Arches.  Interesting juxtaposition of an arch and the
light falling from another arch.   No telling what went on in this
space since the 11th Century!

Howard Leigh, Mannequin.  Another interesting abstraction.  At first
glance it appear real, but upon close examination, it becomes spooky.
In a good way.

Art Faul, Bomber Command 22 Missions, B-52-G.  After all the
unpleasantness involving the author that has passed on the list over
the past weeks and months, it is virtually impossible to look at his
image objectively.  By itself, the shot is beautifully  spare and
enigmatic.  The row of bombs offers an inviting clue, but then the
yellow sign is unreadable.  Overall this is an interesting and
pleasing composition.   Then comes the superimposed title and
copyright notice, and below an extended caption that's overburdened
with unnecessary self-referential details.  So this presentation is
actually more about the author and his personality and his vast
experience and knowledge than it is about the image he produced.