Re: Question re: shutter activations

On 2013-08-30 21:53, Randy Little wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_rule_for_Camera_File_system

What's your point?  The existence of a standard doesn't contradict the
fact that it's safer to format in the camera you're using the cards in.
That has been the recommendation since my first digital camera in 2000,
and it's still the recommendation.  And people still report problems.

I do suspect it's less critical now than it was earlier; over time,
they've gotten details worked out and implementations improved and so
forth.  Still, it's the safest practice, for reasons that are completely
obvious if you think about it as a software development and testing
project (which is my profession).  (I can explain, but it will take
quite a lot of words to get it all detailed.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info