Re: Question re: shutter activations

I only say that incase you do know the answer. because My old Canon just tells me :-( Seems like Canon doesn't like to share this info anymore. I wish this info was available on my step mothers Nikon F2 (photo journalist). I have always wondered how many shots its takes to have a shutter break in half as it did on that camera.

according to this web site, Nikon DSLRs keep a running count of images which can be accessed via Photoshop using a RAW image file...my copy of Photoshop is apparently too old (CS3) and it didn't work for me...I suspect it won't work on an F2 either but I did find it interesting that the information is there for digital cameras...he also doesn't say if this works for Canons as well...

http://terrywhite.com/how-many-shots-have-you-taken-with-your-nikon-dslr-photoshop-can-tell-you/