Re: jpg

On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:16 PM, <mailto:PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx>PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

Current DSLR cameras capture in jpeg. When one has the maximum quality selected in the camera menu is the jpeg lossless? what ever happened to the other updated jpeg formats?
Roy

Modern DSLRs all permit you to capture in RAW and most also in TIF. If you are interested in photography seriously just select one of them and learn to use Lightroom or the RAW converter in PS. I can't see any reason to discard file data before deciding whether I want it or not, although I did take a week-long workshop with a long-term pro who saw no reason to bother shooting in anything but jpg since he made all editorial and image development decisions before releasing the shutter.

I'm not prescient, so I prefer to not throw out data until I know I don't want it.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx