Re: PF members exhibit on 8/17/13

On Sat, August 17, 2013 7:24 am, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated August 17,
> 2013. Authors with work now on display at:
> http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
> Dan Mitchell - Ice Cream Man

Well, *there's* someone who doesn't need any more ice cream. It's a nice
portrait, but I wish I was seeing what (or who) he was gesturing to (or
at). The ice cream itself appears a little blown out.

> Bob McCulloch - Low Tide at Nubble Light

I agree with the previous comment that talked about the competition
between the rocks and the lighthouse. Jan mentioned that there was no way
to avoid it. Seems like a slightly longer lens might have helped.

> John Palcewski - Isle of the Dead

Well, actually, this does remind me a bit like what the River Styx might
look like. I don't usually like blurry photographs, but this does have a
certain impressionistic feel to it.

> Art Faul - New York Blues

Of course, I'd like to see the photograph without the prominent
watermarks, but I understand that you are trying to make money from this
as advertising. The shadow below the car is very distracting, though, as
it seems very artificial. There is one thing that I *really* like about
this photo though; it is the artful placement of one of the 3 small
reflectors. It made me laugh. But since Jan isn't listening to any of
this, he won't hear the praise, either. Too bad.

Andrew