Re: Vermeer

He does make a good case I just dont see why it matters I guess from more then a wow smart guy. Was there a stigma against the use of CO and projections?

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Date: 08/06/2013 7:31 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vermeer

I've seen the program on PBS TV here in America a good while back. It is very convincing.
Roy

In a message dated 8/6/2013 10:20:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
John,

There is a book titled 'Vermeer's Camera' wherein the author Philip Steadman
has offered (via diagrams.. and, having had built the 'sets' with the UK's BBC
research staff for a television program, provided a rather strong argument
that Vermeer actually used a camera obscura as a basis for a large number his paintings.

It is a good read, well written.

Ken