One person's opinion re: members photographs

Brief thoughts re: photographs at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Dan Mitchell - Three Sisters - there is something eye catching about the photograph but I can't quite explain it in words. There is a sense of sequence and motion. Wish they had been real but wonder if it would make a difference.

John Palcewski - Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thaila - With photographs like this it is sometimes hard to decide whether one is looking at the work of the photographer or the sculptor. I think this is a good photograph of an excellently superb sculpture.

Tim Halberg - hmmmmm .... not sure about this at all. She is tilted due to camera tilt so it was an intended tilt and it is probably more dynamic than a straightened body photograph. I am not sure why a woman would be thrilled by this image though.

Andrew Sharpe - Cactus flower, 2013 - This photograph demands scale. I mean the larger the better. The shallow DOF helps. I like it although I don't think I'd have it as decoration in my home. Somewhat scary. Aliens?

Bob McCulloch - Garden at Perkins Cove - nice, serene scene but you probably had to be there to really feel the sense of peace and tranquility. It does not seem to come through in this image though.

Christopher Strevens - Confined - I get the "confined" idea but the text that goes with it is just weird. The crosses of the door window are in an interesting and compelling position relative to the background. The door handle is a positive inclusion IMO.

Andy from Rchester