Re: PF members exhibit on 07-13-13

Emily, The kids were, in fact, moving all the time (see the other photo attached here that I like better, somewhat) but I also like the figures as they appear -- almost a study of different private moments.

I also enjoyed your description of the Sun Thief and the solstice festivities.  But your documentarian function reminds me of attending a small concert in Vermont -- which was also attended by Hubert Humphrey. His presence was disruptive enough, but the press core just trampled everyone's pleasure into the dirt as they dodged around trying to get an important shot.  'Nuff said.

As for your comments (with which I agree about some) regarding the other entries this week, all I can say is that old thing about different strokes.  But it's a sad reflection that a mild critical comment lately generates ad hominum attacks in this forum.  To the extent possible, I recommend ignoring them for what they are.

  -yoram

On Jul 16, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

> At 7:55 AM -0400 7/13/13, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
>> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 13, 2013.

>>               Yoram Gelman - Tarrytown Sprinkler I
>
> I wish the kids were more actively playing.
>

>>               Emily L. Ferguson - The Sun thief
>
> In my wacky Woods-Holier-than-thou community we do a skit every year to celebrate the longest day.  This year one scene from the skit involved recovering the sun from a thieving goddess.  Here she is responding to the populace importuning her to return it.  The entire celebration lasts about 40 minutes, happens at dusk in a large wooded back yard, and has 3 or 4 scenes with improvised action by about 12 scripted participants and a "chorus" of all the attenders at the event.  i swear shooting it is harder than a wedding!  Nothing is posed and wherever I stand I'm blocking someone's view.

image/jpg