Re: generator math help

Knob and tube, with the wires a foot or so apart, was safe and will last forever.  I too had a house built in 1916 in Lexington, KY and did a lot of wiring.

On two wire US extension cords, the neutral side is ribbed longitudinally and the prong is wider than the one on the hot side.  The hot side is the one to cut if you're going to insert something in series with the load.

Roger

Sent from my iPad