Re: generator math help

On 2013-06-14 10:15, Randy Little wrote:
> I'm trying to calculate how big a generator I need to do some location
> work.   I need to power 4x2400 w/s packs and a 2000 w/s pack with over head
> to charge 2 ranger batteries at a time and 2 Leaf batter packs at a time.
> that later items are only 3v.    So I can just rent huge but Im trying to
> rent as physically small and quite as possible.

What you need to know is the maximum amps drawn at 120V by each piece of
equipment.  This will be stamped or printed on a plate on each piece of
equipment, you don't need the manuals for that.  The numbers given are
conservative, so if you can meet them you should be just fine.  Add up
all the things that will be on at once, and make sure you can meet that
load.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info