Re: golden age layoffs

On 2013-06-14 03:36, Jan Faul wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2013, at 11:53 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>>
>> It was an extreme case -- the World Trade Centers came down on top of
>> the bank whose vault his negatives were in.
>>
>> <http://www.jacqueslowe.com/lost_negatives.php>
>
> The World Trade Centers also came down on the IBM art collection and others. I imagine some of us got print orders after the fall.

In full paranoid security guy mode, I would have worried about long-term
safety of vaults near volcanoes and major faults, especially near the
ocean, but I do not think I would have thought about "big buildings" as
a risk factor.  Shows what I know.

Glad to hear at least some collectors *replace* lost works when it's
possible.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info