Re: golden age layoffs

umm VISION 3 IS the SAME EXACT TECHNOLOGY AS ektar 100. SLIGHTLY different processing because the anti halation backing is different for feature film stock .   ALSO  did you conveniently over look the link that is ektar 100 at 18+ stops.

Curtis Bouvier , Aug 04, 2010; 12:34 a.m.

I just recently purchased from Ektar 100 and ran it through my Nikon F100. How is it even possible for a negative to hold this much information? this is like 18 stops worth of light on a single piece of film. If I did this with my D70, I wouldn't get a single piece of information back out of those highlights, and that is in raw.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3888/drtest1b.jpg

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2013-06-13 19:25, RsLittle wrote:
> My specs at 15.5 for vision 3 and ektar come from not being stuck in 1930 and keeping up to date with my mediums as required by my job.  Tmax and delta have had well over 10 stops since day 1.

I dunno about 1930; Vision 3 seems to have come out in 2007, which is to
say it didn't exist when I last shot film.  And it is, as I had
suspected, a motion picture negative stock, meaning among other things
that it requires processing not available at pro photo labs.  I don't
think it's terribly relevant to this discussion.