Σχετ: digital art issues.

I had HUGE issues with an english version of windows (greek comptible) not reading ANY file with its filename in Greek...(they were created with an earlier version of windows too) Since then i maintain ALL my files with English names
As we say over here, "the devil has many ways to creep in"....

Απο: karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Προς: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Στάλθηκε: 11:17 π.μ. Τετάρτη, 12 Ιουνίου 2013
Θέμα: Re: digital art issues.

> Data is data. Files dont need to be for a given os to be seen as long as
> the storage medium is os valid. Any data can be moved unless its
> attributes are set to not allow the os and user to alter them.

I had an interesting scenario where someone had Korean labelled files on a
device, they could neither be deleted nor moved.  It took a while to iron
this out as the files were labelled with gibberish characters.  I was called
in and I installed various fonts -  when Korean was installed was the OS
able to correctly display their names and allow them to be moved or deleted.
They were data files, they were the correct size, they were also frustrating
the heck out of the owner ..