Re: golden age layoffs

When I was in the UK in 2008 (I know, it was 5e years ago, but I’ve been occupied with other stuff) a friend in advertising in London relayed a story about a client who had to hire David Bailey  for no particular reason. Anyway, to cut to the chase, David didn’t feel like working so he told Tony he had to have £50,000 a day plus everything. So the client did indeed hire him for two days or so and the bill with it all was £305,000.

It was in the middle of the recession

On Jun 12, 2013, at 5:59 PM, Randy Little wrote:

I agree it has and then I know that the high end work still happens I just think there is A LOT more noise now.   and not just from me

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Marilyn <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have to agree with the statements made, below.  Photographic quality has suffered recently.  It’s sad to see this happen.

Marilyn

From: Jan Faul
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: golden age layoffs

The reason trained photographers are no longer in demand began in the 1980’s when ‘great work’ was no longer a necessity as computers hit the streets and various creative jobs were farmed out to secretaries, salesmen, and nearly anybody who could turn on a PC. Quality standards fell and ‘great’ work was replaced with ‘good enough’ work. A secretary with a single course in Pagemaker graphics cannot create strong art day in and day out. Photoshop can’t make art great either. It is crap in, crap out.