Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews -- cropping

That is absolutly not true.  They where all at some point created for reason.    Not sure you are aware that in the easter world they have a different perspective on what make a good ratio.   I have books on the subject of why each ratio was consider right during a given era for a different reason.   I have math formula's for the proper distance from a print depending on what lens was used to take the picture based on the average viewer.   do you know why there is cine-scope? how about why they chose 16:9 for HD?   Why was the first motion picture film 4:3?   Where those justified discussions?  Well they where thought to be.    Frameing inside your film plan to create a composition a whole lot different use of cropping as well.    I never said DON"T CROP.  I said ( to para phrase myself) cropping without understanding composition will make a bad picture.      but have a read its about how the golden ratio isn't always so golden.    http://i-perception.perceptionweb.com/fulltext/i03/i0484.pdf

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/