Re: PF members exhibit June 1, 2013

Andrew Sharpe - Bing Concert Hall, Stanford University   This doesn't look much like a concert hall, but I'll take your word for it.   The double exposure of the chairs evokes the atonality of  Schoenberg,  Scriabin,  Stravinsky, Bartók, or Ruggles.  Which is to say it might take some getting used to.   Nice shot overall.

Art Faul - Fire Starters, nr Honrnbaek 1984.  Where there's fire, there's SMOKE.  A lot of it.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Striking a Pose at Apollo Park  This fellow looks like he doesn't know if he's coming or going.   He's likely ready to fly off.   I have mixed feelings about the blob of white to the left of the bird.  Would the image be as interesting if it were cloned out?  Probablly not.

Bob McCulloch - Ogunquit Beach  I'm always partial to beach shots, but this one seems somehow too remote, too distant, the figures too small.  Breaking this up into individual shots getting a closer look at those people might work better.

Randy Little - WALL    The power of this shot comes from first thinking the red wall is of a certain size, and then the relative smallness of the people below reveal it to be much, much more massive.  And the people are intriguing, individually and in groups in relation to each other.  Excellent!

Yoram Gelman - Huangshan Peak No 2   Filters and application of vignettes are merely tools and like all tools they may be either used skillfully or not.  In this instance if you hadn't mentioned vignette I wouldn't have seen it as such.  It's a well-done, striking image.