mystery red squares in 5D

I am looking for comments/suggestions for cause/etc. for an effect I have not seen before in my camera.
It manifests itself as one or two red squares ... one bigger than the other ... and a couple of times just
one square - that appear in finder while viewing the scene and also when the image is reviewed. BUT they
disappeared when image is enlarged. They also seem to have vanished after a few additional photographs.
I don't know why they appeared or what they were or what made them leave ... and if they will come back again.

Any ideas? see here: http://www.davidhazy.org/andpph/2013-docs/2013-red-squares-5D-4437.jpg

The camera is a Canon 5D MII

Thank you,
Andy from  Rochester