Re: Card readers

I have been using card readers for years and have never had a problem. I have three. One is a USB and two are firewire. USB is way slower but they all work 100% and I've never had a CF card die on me yet... (Touch wood)
Herschel

On 4/24/2013 10:34 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
On 2013-04-24 11:11, Bob wrote:
On another group, computer, non photo related , a few people are
recommending not using a card reader.   I always use one.   I figured
this would be the best place to get a list of reasons to use one.  I
remember a long time ago there was such a list in "Outdoor Photographer
but I don't have that issue anymore.

They're generally much faster.  They don't require camera power.  They don't require balancing the camera on top of the piles surrounding your computer (this issue may vary depending your personal neatness!).  They can be used while the camera is in use doing something else (assistant downloading, or whatever).