Card readers

On another group, computer, non photo related , a few people are recommending not using a card reader.   I always use one.   I figured this would be the best place to get a list of reasons to use one.  I remember a long time ago there was such a list in "Outdoor Photographer but I don't have that issue anymore.  Thanks,
Bob

--
Money can't buy happiness--- But somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.