Re: Card readers

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <w8imo@xxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:11 AM
Subject: Card readers

On another group, computer, non photo related , a few people are
recommending not using a card reader.   I always use one.   I figured
this would be the best place to get a list of reasons to use one.  I
remember a long time ago there was such a list in "Outdoor Photographer
but I don't have that issue anymore.  Thanks,
Bob
--

I suspect the advice is a hangover from days when camera formats and the way data was written could cause corruption when reading out of camera. I've not heard of any such issues for years now as I understand cameras stick to the standards these days

karl