April 13

If there is to be  winner this week, it is obviously Tank Battle. Of course it’s not on Google Earth, nor is it a T-72 or Abrams M1A2 tank, as it looks to me like the tank is in somebody’s side yard and once had oil in it. But’s it is a nice abstract, and I usually don’t care for abstracts.

Alberto’s shot is nice too, complete with the little story, although the personas we see here are not their private lives, but their let’s-make-some-dough-on-the street lives.

Rene Hales’ gum print of the Parisian window box provides an interesting texture and I’d like to see the paper print. I hope it is larger than 8x10, although considering the cost of gum prints these days, perhaps it didn’t make it up to 16x20”. 16x20” is the corporate collector size and for most of my life I churned out 16x20’s for public and private collections. Now that we have moved to 17x22” digital prints, they are only slightly less labor intensive if you are itnersted in doing  a really good job even though everybody and their cousins, grandmother, and other relatives all have their own 7800’s.

Andy’s Pipe Dreams or ceramics are nice, but to be a bit teacherly, they lack a feeling of depth and might have been better shot with raking light at sunset or with a smaller sample.

Jan