RE: Anything but that!

Well put Randy. It is about turning other people's ideas into images that are clear, captured at the right moment and correctly exposed. With a little art thrown in like ketchup on fries.

-original message-
Subject: Re: Anything but that!
From: Randy Little <randyslittle@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/09/2013 18:18

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM, HerschelMair <herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Neccesity is the mother.... Weddings are on my list too... And so are
> mines. Been there and done that... High school portraits are out because
> the subject matter is so confused and uptight and my patience aint what it
> was... Landscapes are beyond reach due to two  messed up legs... Actually
> if I really had a choice, I'd sell my gear and play music for next to
> nothig (The going rate) Instead, shots of beer, tequila  brandy and other
> bottles/cocktails/beverages are currently helping me to eat... I shoot many
> many luxury handbags and other stuff that would be junk if it didn't have
> LV or Prada or Chanel embossed on it.... It's a living and people who dream
> of working in this business are ill-informed.

I don't know about that.   I have been working in Advertising photography
since I was 17.  It a business like other.  I would rather do this then dig
ditches.    Well I work on movies now so my photography is mostly about
telling the DOP what to do for the VFX shots and directing those shots.
Its art in a business world and if people think they are going to make high
art while selling sex and popularity well then its not was you should be
doing.   The paying gigs support my other habbits.   I bring my art to the
job but my job is not the art.  Its to bring someone else ideas to life.
If you can't make that distinction then its not the game to be in.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com <http://reel.rslittle.com>
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/