Re: PF members exhibit on March 16, 2013

This week's collection is much more eclectic than usual -- probably due to the scramble to get something in after being told than Nothing was in the pot!  Anyway, here's my take.
  -yoram

On Mar 16, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated March 16, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>       Andrew Sharpe - Bixby Park, Palo Alto, California
                   I don't understand what I'm looking at.

>       Emily L. Ferguson - Reaching
                     The tree is strong but it's just standing there -- not participating in anything. . . like a sailboat race perhaps??

>       Yoram Gelman - Tracks Over Hill
                      My own . . . I see I overdid the vignetting in the sky.

>       Art Faul -
                     Sorry, to me it is another car with a composited pattern.

>       John Palcewski - Round Two
                     At first, it's an interesting dynamic with the sparse audience staring at the woman while the trainer seems to be looking for help.  But the graphic behind the number '2' on the sign makes it a junk photo for me.  And don't try telling me it's a silhouette of a boxing glove.

>       Allan Rosen-Ducat -
                I guess you could call it an abstract image.  Saying that the straight line is a contrail does not add.

>       Randy Little -
                  The image is what it is.  To me there had to be a lot of "retouching".  The claim of "ZERO retouching only dodge and burn and and some minor CC" is self-contradictory.

>       Christopher Strevens - my other hobby
                This could be the only honest photo in the whole bunch this week.  My eye is drawn to every device on the table, trying to figure it out.  Extreme simplicity with complex overtones.  (Sounds like I'm trying to describe some wine.)