Re: PF members exhibit on 01-19-13

At 12:10 PM -0500 1/19/13, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Jan 19, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                         HAPPY NEW YEAR!

             John Palcewski - Subway

I love the light bouncing off the tops of the heads, and the surface of the paper. The three bent backs are so ineffably urban as well. The sign causes me to think that this photograph must be rather old. A classic subway scene.

             Rob Talbot - 53.139444,-4.275315

I think I found a cash machine here a couple years ago. It was nighttime, and, of course, raining. The slate and cobbles stuck in my mind, as well as the looming skeleton of the castle. I think I'd like the image better if it were a bit longer - just longer enough so the far side of the cobbled car lane went up into the corner and the railing on the R has a bit more breathing space between it and the R edge of the image. The color palette is just beautiful to me.

             Bobbi Blazy - Dandelion

Looks like you took a bug head and put it on the bottom of a dandelion.

             Dan Mitchell - Snow Land

There's something about all that bald sky, and bald field that makes my fingers itch to crop, but at the same time there's something about some much texture that emphasizes the flatness and openness of the place. In a way I think it might be better to have left the amount of sky and field and just have made it even wider.

             Randy Little -

There is, despite the incovenience of scrolling, something about the soft focus in the rose which is attractive.

             Bob McCulloch - Storm at National Harbor

I just don't see the point of the channel marker smack in the middle. A classic crop would get rid of some water and permit a bunch more sky. Then the channel marker wouldn't be so obnoxious.

             Marilyn Dalrymple - Cactus Flower:  Brasilicereus Phaeacanthus

It would be nice to have some context here. Or at least to have a lot less black and some detail in the whites.

             Jan Faul - William Patterson House, Gettysburg FINAL

Glad you're happy with it now, taking out power lines is a drag and makes me resentful of the chronic utter lack of sense (and sensitivity) to visual affairs that permeates our society. But the green is still unreal, and there's still too much stuff on the right side for my taste.

In waiting: Strevens, LMurphu, Gelman, Hughes

Current visitor counter: 62

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 1000 pix in longest dimension and 200Kb in maximum size. Large images that run off the edges of average monitors are a pain. Larger is not always better!

Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

Did you know you could have a series exhibition? Check out current installation at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-10/

From: Debra

PS: do you know of other persons who might be interested in subscribing to PhotoForum? See below:

PF on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234442540144&ref=mf

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx