Re: phree photoshop

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Little" <randyslittle@xxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: phree photoshop

Awesome so I I just still your work and sell it as my own because you post
it on the web It your fault.  I Like that plan.

how very smug of you.

From the EULA:
"2. Software License. If you obtained the Software from Adobe or one of its authorized licensees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, as further set forth below."

official Adobe download page which also lists all the serial numbers

need that spelled out?

it's a cockup by Adobe, their EULA says "If you obtained the Software from Adobe or one of its authorized licensees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Software "

there is not a mention on the Adobe page suggesting it is a requirement that the product be previously purchased, nor does the EULA suggest such a thing. It may be a loophole but try asking Obama how he's getting on with his platinm coin.

Try stealing my work though and see what happens. In Oz we don't need to register copyrights, I created it, I own it .. you use it without permission and you will find youself summonsed. The US agrees to respect our copyright law - game over.

Now to pander to your suggestion, sure if I rebadged Photoshop As RandyShop then your example would be valid.

karl