Re: Death of Documentary Photography?

To believe a Photo as real has been naive since 1839.

On Jan 2, 2013 9:42 AM, <MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In a message dated 02/01/2013 16:45:47 GMT Standard Time, trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Which reality was captured by that image
The reality shown by the image was of a man on a railway track in a subway station and a train in the background.

Any other information about the unfortunate victim came from other reports, other videos and other eye witnesses. At some future time there might be court room testimony as to the exact circumstances.

In the light of the events that followed we can view this as a tragedy for the man and his family, we can use the image to make people more cautious of getting involved in altercations in hazardous circumstances, or maybe to campaign for alternative care for people who have a diminished responsibility for their actions but the only reality in the image itself is of a man, possibly in danger of death, on a railway line.

Michael