Re: NY Post Runs Cover Photo

On Dec 11, 2012, at 1:02 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

On 2012-12-10 13:51, Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S. wrote:
Then, let me ask all a simple question?

My earlier comment about getting an opinion or guidelines from a dentist still holds. You missed the point.
You work in an office, and probably in an office where you have assistants, a receptionist, and people to provide safety and security for you to see your patients in a comfortable low stress environment. In short, you have all the protection a working photojournalist lacks. While you may occasionally make decisions about life and death in your office, I doubt your decisions are based on an event you found out about five seconds earlier.
Photojournalists have to make snap decisions. That’s their job. You give educated responses on topics where you already know the answer. Photojournalists do not have that luxury. The good ones get very few chances to make their claim to fame and their guess involves a fair amount of luck. Photojournalists are only as good as their last picture.
When did you last make a decision for a patient which had to do with a split second of knowledge applied to a millisecond of insight? Ever?

Jan