Re: PF members photographs on 11/24/2012

I have a picture of me planking in front of the Reichstag if that will help.

On 11/25/12 9:19 PM, Jan Faul wrote:

On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Christopher Strevens wrote:

Nice image of a park with shed leaves and frost. I like the mist. However it
could be anywhere there is nothing that I saw to connect it with Berlin.

This is precisely what somebody said about an image of mine on Thursday. I was showing a few prints from Normandy and the D-Day landing beaches to a couple of people and one said, “..but this is just a landscape.”

That’s right and like Trevor’s shot of Berlin, there is no signpost saying where the shot is. I know it’s Utah Beach and almost everybody else looking at the image knew it was too, but the young woman looking at it just knew it was nice shot of some shadows and a beach. It sounds like you need a shot of the Brandenburg Gate to prove it’s Berlin, but meanwhile I’m sure somebody else will have been in the Tiergarten and seen this piece of land under different conditions. Maybe one of us has seen it when it was still littered with bomb craters.

Jan

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------