Re: Camera woes

That’s what it sounds like to me too. Have you been able to contact Tamron? I’m sure it is a driver issue even though Tamron and Canon may deny incompatibility.

On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 PM, James Schenken wrote:

Barbara:

Did you possibly upgrade the firmware on the camera shortly before these problems became apparent?
Sometimes third party lenses are not completely compatible and an upgrade to the firmware uncovers the problem.

James

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Redsponger
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 3:02 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Camera woes

Dear Group - initially I was having trouble w/Tamron 28-200mm on the Canon EOS Rebel T3 - mind you, I have been using my Tamron lenses on this camera body for a few years now with NO troubles whatsoever until just recently.  Just today, I tried all three that I have and there seems to be a problem sometimes in different modes.  Tried the 18-55mm Canon lens and seems to be no issues, but I never use it.
Is there a possibility it might be the camera and not the lenses?
Thanks again.
Barbara
P.S.  I did try the pencil eraser trick, but didn't seem to make a difference.