Re: Mixing digital photography with analog photography

Most of what makes a digital back work doesn't exist in the film camera.   So you would have to make some sort of interface that could talk to the camera which doesn't exist on the cameras.  So the only way it could work is in full manual mode.  Which doesn't sound like much of a problem until you find out that the cost of the back would still be close to an entire camera.    As for curved sensors its possible.  Kodak made one for Leica that while not curved used a micro-lens on the sensor that was concave in design so as to work film lenses.   Digital lenses all have an aspherical element in them that makes the light strike the sensor more or less straight on.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/