Re: P&S Suggestions

This isn’t exactly a recommendation, but if you want perfection in a pocket camera, you need o spend mo’ money as well as doing some serious research at stores where you can see the cameras with your hands. Lag time is a given with cheap stuff and the only camera I know which has little to no lag is not cheap at about $500. The only camera I can recommend out of the many I have owned is the Canon G12. The images are excellent and there is IS. AMazon has it for about $500 including shipping. If one is traveling it is always wise to take along an extra battery or two. A friend of mine went to Africa for almost a month with no possibility of ever plugging it in to recharge and took 4 64GB SD cards and 10 cheaper 32GB SD cards along with ten batteries not from Canon but an alternate supplier.

Gordon said he spent one night in a hotel in Botswana and rather than go out to dinner, had dinner in the hotel so he could recharge his 8 flat batteries. He said he put the charger at the front desk and paid the guy $20 to run them through the night. While that was going on, he was dumping the contests of his SD cards into two 1TB drives. The worst problem was that he also took a Nikon D3X and it locked up from the heat. He shot his assignments on the G12.

Jan