Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:53 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF members photographs on 09-22-12

On Sep 22, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 22, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                   Bob McCulloch - Postcards Early Morn
   This view of the memorial sculpture leaves much to be desired --
mostly due to the sculpture itself.  Especially when photographed at
this angle, it is disruptive to have the top parts displayed
outwardly, leaving nothingness as a beginning and ending with a
feeling only of being blown apart.

                   John Palcewski - Can She?
   Nice snapshot with an ironical twist.

                   Mario Filipe Pires -
  A portrait that is more than a snapshot but less than captivating.
I guess I'd look for captivating.  But still nice.

                   Marilyn Dalrymple -
  Wow.  Given the explanation, very lucky the shot was good.  In
displaying, I'd have the left edge starting where the door connects to
the wall -- so that my eyes are immediately grabbed on the way to the
window.  Makes it less symmetrical -- unless symmetry is desired.
Very nice.

                   Christopher Strevens - Mum at rest
  Nothing to say, really.  Memories, loss, sadness, and more
memories.  Rest in peace -- with emphasis on Peace.

  -yoram