Re: PF members photographs on 09-22-12

On Sep 22, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 22, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                   Bob McCulloch - Postcards Early Morn
This view of the memorial sculpture leaves much to be desired -- mostly due to the sculpture itself. Especially when photographed at this angle, it is disruptive to have the top parts displayed outwardly, leaving nothingness as a beginning and ending with a feeling only of being blown apart.

                   John Palcewski - Can She?
   Nice snapshot with an ironical twist.

                   Mario Filipe Pires -
A portrait that is more than a snapshot but less than captivating. I guess I'd look for captivating. But still nice.

                   Marilyn Dalrymple -
Wow. Given the explanation, very lucky the shot was good. In displaying, I'd have the left edge starting where the door connects to the wall -- so that my eyes are immediately grabbed on the way to the window. Makes it less symmetrical -- unless symmetry is desired. Very nice.

                   Christopher Strevens - Mum at rest
Nothing to say, really. Memories, loss, sadness, and more memories. Rest in peace -- with emphasis on Peace.

  -yoram