Re: PF members gallery on 08-18-12

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Cunningham" <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: PF members gallery on 08-18-12

No pun, just poorly titled...I've since learned it should be bonsai. The compositing allows for a larger, higher resolution image. For, example, this image prints 2'x3' at 240ppi. As for the IR, I'm just fascinated by the idea of adding nuance to an image that isn't available otherwise, but still genuine and not a filter. However, in diffuse light, it produces a rather tight/flat tonal range that, when stretched out a bit gives, to me at least, a much softer feel than simply desaturating a normal color image. But, I will agree that IR didn't make as much of a difference in this case.

I'm curious - it an Adenium or a Ficus Trevor? Adenium's have pink or red flowers..