Re: PF members gallery on 08-18-12

Except for the cops carrying machine guns and many people wearing little hats, it looks like it could be NYC. I wish I were young again so I could go to Israel with 300 rolls of Reala and shoot them there. I had an assistant in the 1980’s who traveled to Israel with his SO and 300 rolls of Kodachrome. He came back through Copenhagen on the way to NYC to develop film and edit and the pictures were nothing short of amazing. I have envied photographers like Steve who put it all on the line and follow their nose to some amazing place. I did it too, but I stopped in DK, where the call of blonde Vikings and the midnight sun was loud and clear.

Once I got out of the cities and out into the country, I reveled in the cultures Israel brings to the table .

Jan

On Aug 20, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Pini Vollach wrote:

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Strevens
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:44 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: PF members gallery on 08-18-12

> Pini Vollach - A dessert's pool

Israel looks an unlikely place to live. And quite unpleasant. I suppose the rich move to the usa. It is a nice image of foul water in an otherwise dry place (called "desert") it must have rained recently.

Chris.

How do you know ?

Have you been here ?

You have a very big mistake !

Israel is a charming place and very pleasant.

Cafes and restaurants in Tel Aviv are much much better than in your place (not to mention beaches) – come and see.

BTW – the water come from underground flow.

Pini