Re: PF members exhibit on 11 AUG 12

In a message dated 17/08/2012 17:06:00 GMT Daylight Time, retorta@xxxxxxxxx writes:
"no more iPhones in the Gallery
Is the reaction from certain people  to iPhone images on the Gallery more a matter of wishing to see photos that show off the equipment used, be it, pin hole, plate, 35 mm, flat sheet etc its best advantage.

For photos of record - eg the number plate of the car driven by a hit and run driver, a car teetering on the edge of a cliff, the best camera is the one that you have with you at the time but if you set out to produce a photo for a competition or to exhibit to friends it makes sense to use the most appropriate camera that you have and to aim to take the photo under the most suitable conditions.

I am sure that many people recall the early days of using cell phones aka mobiles with telepne calls made solely to tell someone you were calling them from a train, or a bus, or any of a number of other places where you would be unlikely to find a public phone booth or box. So too, we had contributions from people with cell phones with cameras, computers with cameras etc. The time for this type of contribution has passed.

Michael