RE: PF members exhibit 4 new photographs on 06-30-12

Trevor Cunningham Diamond Dave - I never, ever, ever would have guessed Mr. Roth. It's a very interesting photo with an odd sense of perspective (to me). The flag almost takes up half the image and appears very close to the camera. Its not out of focus enough to be inconsequential foreground clutter and besides the flag pole leads you back to Dave who appears to be coming out of a sea of confetti. There's confetti everywhere else but on Dave. The only thing that I'm not sure I like is that the flag seems to be dominating the man. If the image is flipped horizontally, then the man is controlling the flag. I suppose its just a matter of which story you prefer.

Don Draper color explosion - Red onion? No matter. I like the way you see the speckled highlights throughout the image. There are so many it looks like noise. If you just look at the top right two thirds of the image it could be an abstract painting but when you look down along the bottom you see hard shadows and the light shining through the translucent skin. I like the blend of abstract parts and clinical capture of a vegetable parts.

Dan Mitchell Tea and Cakes - Glorious, unabashed, hedonistic, go for broke patriotism...or just a sales gimmick? It is a shop window after all. What I am most curious about is why the glasses on the mannequin?

John Palcewski Photographer - Those flowers all look like the stuff growing here in Canada. Was this taken on your native island or on vacation? It does indeed look like a Shoebox brand greeting card. This is an image that is more about the story you make of it then any technical aspect of the photo. I can't really tell if it's a man or a woman but I'm guessing that photo, if it turns out, will be blurry which won't really matter because he/she will show it to all his/her relatives anyway and then never look at it again.

Gerg