Members Exhibit May 12, 2012

Bob Sullivan - Jake

A wonderful image of a young man moving from age 4 to 5.  We see this idea in the separation of the candles - four on the right, Jake in the center, and the fifth on the left.
 Jake is glowing and excited - perhaps he is seeing his birthday present and it is his heart's desire.

John Palcewski - Listen!

We've seen this before - perhaps been a participant.  Dad doesn't want to hear, he's partly turned away.  His daughter is trying to tell him something very important and he isn't listening.  Her Hand on his knee, leaning forward - this is important but he still doesn't listen.

Howard Leigh - Remembering

A wonderful image of WWII veterans honoring their lost friends.  It won't be long before the last of these heroes are gone.  We need to remember and honor these men and their accomplishments from Normandy.

Emily Ferguson - Quaker Meetinghouse Window

There is a sadness in this image looking out of a window of a Quaker Meeting House.  One assumes this is not an active place of worship because of the details on the muntins In the window.

Bob McCulloch - Double Falls

Old broken granite, the reduced rainfall has reduced the flow to just these two small falls.  In the past, the heavy flows eroded around the base of the bridge abutment in the background but the engineers designed well.  This image give an abiding sense of permanence in an ever changing world.

Michael Hughes - Crowd scene at Arts Festival

A glimpse, a suggestion, just barely an idea seen from the corner of the eye.  No time to focus.  A recreation of a partial memory.  Love it.

Sent from James' iPad