RE: I wonder what my Argus C3 is worth.....

I had an old Zeiss Ikon cleaned and lubed, then I used it for a while.  He bought it in Germany right after WWII and passed away fairly young.  He did not live long enough to see his grand kids graduate high school, but I used his camera to take some of the picture of them in their cap and gowns.  I spent more on the cleaning an lube than it was worth, and the shutter drags a bit when its at the slow end, but it works and no amount of money could buy it.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: I wonder what my Argus C3 is worth.....
From: Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, May 12, 2012 9:39 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Back in 1961 or so I was sitting in a barber chair in Shreveport, LA when I saw a pawn shop across the street.  After my haircut I walked over to the pawn shop and ended up buying my C3I still have it.  I wonder if it still works after almost 50 years.....

Bob

Money can't buy happiness--- But somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.

Money can't buy happiness--- But somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.

--
Russ

R.E. Baker Photography

www.rebphoto.smugmug.com