Personal observations on this week's photographs

As seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

            David Dyer-Bennet - Coyote at Minnesota Zoo

Great portrait of this animal - I like everything about it.

            John Retallack -

Having seen a large number of portraits by John I don't thinks this one ranks among the best. I like the composition and OOF background but feel the left side of person is a bit too hot while the right side is too dark. I like the reflection if the glasses.

            Trevor Cunningham - graffiti rock

Shows a lot of patience and dedication to the "art"! Very interesting story! The photograph is a good record photo - an archivable testimony to the history and current status of the rock face.

            Rob Talbot - Thingy

I think this is "something" but am not sure what to make of it beyond jumping to maybe obvious conclusions.

            Bob McCulloch - At the Farmers Market

I am taken by the great colors which make up for the lack of "technical" perfection ... photographs don't necessarily have to be technically perfect in order to achieve visual excellence I think. One things that bothers me a bit is the hot right lower corner.

            John Palcewski - Not A Rose But Close

I like this very much. Simple, elegant and the relationship to the shadow on the curtain just adds to the impact of the photograph.

Andy