Comments Re: PF members exhibit on April 07, 2012

Currently on view on PhotoForum exhibit wall at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

              Rene M Hales - SHE ~ Father's Shoes

Hmmm ... makes one think of possibilities but as a "single" I find it hard to relate to.

              Bob Sull - Feeding Frenzy

Eye catching for sure ... scary in a way. Imagine a whole room wallpapered with these ... a zillion starving mouths gaping at you ... scary!

              Don Roberts - Street Musician

Fails to convey some "character" in my opinion. The raised drumstick does not look like it will hit the drum and help the harmonica. Somewhat static image IMO. lLeaning person/foot at left is quite distracting.

              Christopher Strevens - 99

It is hard for me to connect with this image. I find it hard to look at. Looks like she has been through a lot.

              Dan Mitchell - Easter

I agree that the dark attire of the priests is interesting but as a whole I am not sure it works to tell a story or an event. The backs of people's heads are not easy to deal with effectively. IMO.

              Trevor Cunningham - stranded

Interesting situation I guess. From the back is hard to see who that individual is.  Looks like a child to me but obviously that must be wrong. Hmmmm ...

              Sherie Taylor - Sunset at Santa Monica Pier

Nice evocative record photograph that still manages to convey something of the atmosphere of the location. I think you must be working on a book about the pier.

              Emily Ferguson - Chesapeake and Ohio Canal at Harpers Ferry

A curve into the rock face? Tunnel of course Maybe better if tunnel entrance were more visible? I like the clor of the rusted cars and weathered wood. I'd like to know what the sign says that starts out with Do Not ... somehow this seems like a set where something is about to happen. What?

take it or leave it
believe it or not

my $.01 worth

Andy