Re: Math and Art connection - is there one?

Around the turn of the last century Ernst Haeckel published a book called Kunstformen der Natur. It contains drawings and etchings of natural objects which clearly show Fibonacci spirals and other mathematical functions.
Wonderful old book.
Beyond that we all know about the Golden Ratio but math, in particular geometry, was utilized for composition, perspective etc. And that is just the visual arts; music is obviously intimately related to math. It is a very involved subject which has an extensive literature.
Don