Subject: overwhelmed by a project
From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, February 15, 2012 9:33 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm curious how others may have handled a similar situation as I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with a project and am having a heck of a time figuring out how to get it under control and manageable.

I've created an enormous body of work photographing my niece Rachel, her younger brother Joshua and their baby sister, Edyn. Enormous to me is 70K+ images of just these three.

These images are in a Lightroom catalog, key worded by name.

My goal is to go through them, select the best of the best and print them in black and white on my Epson 3800.

Eventually these images will end up with the children as a memento of their childhood.

My dilemma is that I am totally overwhelmed with how to tackle this.

I nose around in the images, pull out a good one, work it to the printable stage then run a print, catalog it and move on; it all feels very random with no real structure to the process.

Has anyone else tackled such a project going backwards over time while still continuing to add work to the project on an at-least weekly basis?

If so, how did you manage it?

I sit down to my computer with an hour or two to spare for working on it and find I can't settle in and accomplish anything because I don't see a clear path through the project.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm open to all.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click