Re: overwhelmed by a project

Lea -

I'm working on such a project now.  I have over 500,000 photos of
families in Honduras that I took in my 30 year career as a mission
consultant.  I'm scanning them all now and editing them in LR as I go
along.  The only way I've found to do it is to quickly and ruthlessly
assign a rating of 1 to 5 to every photo.  If you leave the Caps lock
on, LR will advance to the next photo as soon as you assign a rating.
Later, I will delete the 1's and add the 5's to my portfolio.  4's and
5's will be worked on in Photoshop and put on a hard drive I have
dedicated to that purpose.

I can't sit and agonize over what the rating will be. I am my own
worst editor when I remember the circumstances of each photo and
family so I just judge the quality of the photo and move on.  It's
very quick in LR.

When I finish these 500,000, I will start on the 500,000 I have of
Guatemalan families!!

Hope this helps!  Good luck.

Tina

--