One person's comments about current PF members exhibit

As seen at the PF members exhibition this week at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

           Emily Ferguson - waiting at Logan
Appealing environmental photograph! Couple of things "bug" me about it - one is the pole sticking out of the head of the person and the other is the white edge at the top. Not sure what I feel exactly about this but my attention is drawn to that edge and I am not totally comfortable. Hmmm ... that black thing on right edge ... maybe better lose it?

           Lea Murphy - Bloch Museum interior detail, Kansas City
Very good high key scene, We don't see too many of these. I think the dark line at bottom could maybe be left out but as is it is a photograph that calls for attention in a very subtle way.

           Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier Sunset
I like this. It has a very compelling sense of "atmosphere" - would benefit from sounds of the ocean and seagulls!

           Trevor Cunningham - rise of the planet
No sure what to make of this. It is a social commentary of some kind but it does not move me enough - glance out of frame on right is questionable. Somewhat humorous scene in my opinion.

           Dan Mitchell - Cloisters
Another photograph with great "ambiance" - in this case silence is the associated sound. It would maybe be better with a single figure as the two tend to blend and are distracting. IMO.

           Bob McCulloch - Morning Fire
Wow! This can't be how it really looked, can it? Amazing if it is! The bottom could maybe be smaller so as to bring the horizon away from the center of the photograph and it seems to me that the horizon is not quite level.

           John Palcewski - Darkroom/Bedroom 1998
This leaves me "cold". I don't "get it". Kind of clinical not only about environment but also including the expression on woman's face.

Just my current opinions FWIW,
Andy

PS: PF gallery staff tells me that there is room for a few more photographs for tomorrow's update. If interested in guidelines for contributions find them here: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html