Re: PF members exhibit on 21-01-12

At 10:45 AM -0500 1/21/12, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 21 JAN, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                Bob McCulloch - Rondout Reservoir Tree

The green cast is very intense here on my monitor as well, although I don't have any such fancy calibration device! In addition, I wish something in photograph helped me to understand what attracted you to the situation. There isn't much about the tree to hold my attention and it's not placed in the image in such a way that I experience it as the most significant thing.

                John Palcewski - Naked Cowboy

People do the most amazing things in public! I'm always embarassed by this sort of thing, however... I like the way you got the balance on the back lighting and his front, but I wish I could discern what the object in his raised hand is. It looks like a bottle of beer(?) and doesn't seem to be full, but I don't see any sign that he's pouring it over his shoulders. Curious.

                Marilyn Dalrymple - Wheel on Wall

The wheel looks like the real thing to me, and not a shadow. I keep trying to figure out how it's not real! I suppose that means I'd like a little more environment to reveal that to me.

                Sherie Taylor - Nishi Hongwanji Buddhist Temple

Yes, the tree does steal my attention from the stated subject. And the lamp is not much of an asset either. Your wide angle might not have permitted you to stand between the tree and the building. In that case you might have had some more success if you'd stepped back from the scene and made the tree and street light even less proportionally large in the image. The building looks like fertile ground for extensive photographs, however. If you can go back, you might spend a couple hours there working out a series of interesting images.

                Christopher Strevens - The new construction

Looks like chris is gonna blow something up! I'd be careful with that stuff, man!

                Trevor Cunningham - me proud papa

Lovely texture all around, especially in those hard working hands. I am drawn to the belly button as well and the unagressive way it holds the attention while breaking up the mass of skin. Everything about the light is very nice to me too. I suppose this child has arrived by now. Welcome to the new world of less sleep and sibling rivalry!

Contributors! Find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Did you send in a contribution for next week?  Looking forward to seeing it!

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in maximum size. Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx