Re: Lightroom 4 beta is out

Adobe has a cheaper program called Elements. A number of people in the local photoclub use it and the latest program Elements 7 can do much about 75% of what Photoshop 7.0 does and even has feature PS7 doesn't. This is where Adobe  thinks the Photoshop people who don't upgrade will go.  Adobe is thinking that Photoshop should become a subscription type thing. As stuff migrates to the cloud this is the model software program makers believe will happen (although Photoshop is one of the few program that won't migrate completely because of access speed to the net will limit it).
Roy