Re: Kodak Bankruptcy???

<ark:
At this point the best thing Kodak could do would be to file and reorganize. Yet IF they do it right, Kodak will be around another 100 years.

I dont claim any great knowledge of business, but I find it interesting that the longest lived businesses are family businesses, some dating back hundreds of years - the reason for their success seems to be that they aren't about expanding profits but about employing the family, the owners.. I think Kikoman, the soy sauce company (350+ years old) employs about 18 family as staff.
http://www.bizaims.com/content/the-100-oldest-companies-world

Sadly, the Number 1 on this list, Kongo Gumi took 'financial advice', floated and began expanding .. only to be bankrupt and gone less than 5 years. Very sad given the company way 1400 years old !

Corporations aren't new to the world, but the giants of yesterday with turnovers rivaling GDC's of the great nations of the past have all been consigned to the dusty pages in hisory books while family businesses live on. (the one that comes to mind is the company that tried to sell tax free tea to the American colonists, the act which sparked the American Revolution! .. fancy that, the English removing a tax brought that about!)

Konika - the oldest film company of the lot went pretty quietly and took a heck of a lot of patents and advanced film technologies with them - it'd be sad to see Kodak gone too