Phototourism experiences (was Re: A Christmas Gallery)

Thanks for sharing that Peeter. This got me thinking. I know that I have traveled a fair bit and try to take advantage of the photo opportunities it offers me, but I never really gave any attention to package tours or dedicated travel that wasn't self-designed. Now, married with children, my attitude is changing and I can see the value of package tours et al. I know a Google search would turn up loads of phototourist sites, but I'd like to pick the experience from the forum:

 * What have been some of the best package tours you've been on?
 * What made them good?
 * What should someone looking for a tour be on the lookout for to be
   cautious?