Re: 7 new photographs in PF members exhibit on 12-17-11

Jim Snarski - Afterbath  The washed-out flowers in the background and
the wires under the bird's feet and tail are quite distracting.  They
draw attention away from the interesting ragged unkempt appearance of
this Stellar Jay.

well, we have different opinions on the background of my photo...which, in the context of this group is a good thing...for me the "washed out" flowers was a conscious decision so as not to pull the eye away from the image of the bird...I could easily have made them darker and more contrasty in Photoshop...as for the "wires", to my eye they are inconsequential...the bird, and in particular it's bath induced "hairdo" are, I think, the center of interest in this photo...

thanks for your review

Jim
Baja Oregon